If you’re in a serious accident and someone may have been harmed, your top priority is to get medical attention for anyone in need. However, if you are in a minor auto collision with no injuries, you may not be as certain about what to do. Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Document the scene: As soon as you are able, make sure to document and/or get pictures of the vehicles involved in the accident, including the license plates and the make and model of all vehicles.
- Alert the police: A police report can help provide needed information for insurance purposes. You don’t need to call 911 if it isn’t an emergency, but rather call your local police dispatch.
- Move to a safe place: To avoid further problems and keep traffic moving, move your cars to the side when possible and turn on your hazard lights. This will help alert other drivers to give you space and make it easier for police or other assistance to find you.
- Contact insurance: You’ll want to exchange insurance information with the other drivers, so reach out to your insurance company to let them know about your situation.
- Seek reliable auto collision repair: To get your car back in good shape, you want to find a team you can trust with excellent collision repair.
Here at Father & Son Collision and Classic Car Restoration, we want you to know your car is in good hands. We’ll do our best to get your car back in great shape and keep you updated on our progress. We know you’ll be completely satisfied with the work and service you receive from our team when you need auto collision repair.