At Father & Son Collision and Classic Car Restoration, we love everything we do as a trusted auto body repair shop serving the Rock Hill, South Carolina area. However, what we are especially passionate about is classic car restoration. We love putting attention to detail into each step involved so the end result is something we can feel proud of and that you’ll absolutely love. If we are going to get you to the final step of enjoying your restored classic car, we have to worth methodically through each step of the classic car restoration process.
- Consultation- We need to know what you want to accomplish, whether you want it restored to the way it rolled off the assembly line or you want a few modern touches for performance and comfort.
- Dismantling- We carefully take apart your classic car and label every part. Your vehicle might require a near total dismantling or just a partial one depending on the scope of the project and condition of the vehicle.
- Organize projects- We work through the classic car restoration process one project at a time so we can be sure each one is done correctly.
- Body work- All metal work and other body work is then completed, including dealing with rust, filling where needed, and painting.
- Reinstallation- The large components are then reinstalled into the vehicle, rebuilding any that need it or that you’ve asked to have upgraded.
- Smaller systems- Once the large components are in place, we move on to the smaller systems, such as suspension, brakes, exhaust, fuel system, electrical system, and more.
- Interior- The interior is left until near the end so that it isn’t damaged during the rest of the classic car restoration process. This step involves the carpet kit, headliner, and dashboard components.
- Wheels & tires- We will consult with you about the type of wheels and tires you desire for your vehicle.
- Troubleshooting & delivery- We go over everything carefully to be sure we’ve met your objectives and that the vehicle is performing as it should. When we are convinced there is nothing more to be done, we call you to tell you it is ready to enjoy!