Many people are more than happy with their vehicle’s engine just the way it is. They might even think that engine conversions are only for performance-obsessed vehicle owners who just can’t get enough power. The reality is that is gaining additional power is only one reason for engine conversions. Here are some others that you might not have known about.
- Classic car engine conversions- If you have a classic car with a ton of miles on it, you might run into difficulty finding parts to keep it running, leaving you little choice but to swap out the engine.
- Rebuilding costs too much- If your car’s engine is in need of rebuilding but the costs are beyond your budget, swapping it out for a different one might be more cost-effective. You could also end up with one that is newer and has more power. Some engines are simply really expensive to rebuild, so engine conversions are common.
- You need reliability- If your vehicle is in the shop for engine repairs more than it isn’t, it might be time for a new engine. Why not consider engine conversions so you can get more performance in the deal?
- You need more power- If you need more power, such as for towing or off-roading, but do not want to trade your vehicle for something that has what you need, consider an engine conversion to keep the vehicle you have but give it the power you need. Diesel swaps are a popular option for this situation.
- You can’t economically boost the power of your current engine- If modifications to get more power out of your current engine aren’t cost-effective, it might surprise you to learn you could get a new, more powerful engine for less money.
At Father & Son Collision and Classic Car Restoration, we do engine conversions for a wide variety of reasons for our customers in the Rock Hill, South Carolina area. As a classic car shop, we can even do them for older vehicles. Reach out today to learn more.